Pages

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Some Kids Clothes

I started sewing just a few years ago. Actually 2 years ago this coming January. My girlfriend had a machine that she tried to use a few times and didn't really like it. She was selling it, and I bought it! I LOVED to sew. I was so afraid of the sewing machine, I had to talk myself into it. And a little push from my husband, I was a crazy sewing fool! I started off with some pillows, and little bags and pouches. That was fun. I showed some of them on the first post. Then I tried my hand at some kids clothes. That is what i LOVE most!!

This is the Sweetheart Dress by luvinthemommyhood. I made this when it was the tutorial. I may just have to buy the pattern now since it is not in the right sizes!! I love it!




I attempted a peasant dress for my then, 1 yr old. I found the pattern for free at Fabric.com. 


This was a dress I made for one of the older girls, I traced a t-shirt of theirs and just made up the pattern as I went along. It is one of my oldest's favorite dress. (not mine) ha!


Here is another version of the peasant dress, I used some cute Halloween fabric I found at Hancock's Fabric. They didn't like these dresses, and barely wore them for a few hours. :( 
I thought they were cute,  and I am going to see if they will wear them this Halloween! 



I made two of these for my older girls, one in maroon the other in olive green. They wore them for Thanksgiving. I made the Junebug dress for my little one (I don't have a pic, not sure why?!)



So there you have a few pics of some of the clothes I made. I have plenty more to share. I think I'll do a post of the Geranium Dresses from Made By Rae. I LOVE that pattern. It is very versatile. I have made quite a few dresses and tunics from it. It is probably my most used pattern! 
See ya soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment